8 Amazing Things To Do During Your Cabo Vacation - Mexico at it's finest!
Why Cabo San Lucas, located on Mexico’s Baja Peninsula, is one of our favorite places to get away.
We’ve been there a half dozen times in the last few years, both together and separately, and always have a good time. It’s a simple two-hour flight from San Diego and the weather is almost perfect year-round.
Part of the allure of Cabo is that everything is in close proximity to the marina, the hub of all activity in the city. Cabo lives on tourism, and everyone around knows it. You simply cannot walk around town without seeing both selling adventure packages.
HERE ARE A FEW QUICK TIPS FOR YOUR TRIP:
The airport is located about 30 minutes from the marina. We recommend that you take a taxi. They have shared taxis that about $18 per person or private taxis for about $80.
Don’t exchange U.S. dollars for pesos. Everyone takes American greenbacks. Save yourself the hassle.
Except for off-road excursions, stay close to the beach. The beach is where all the fancy resorts, restaurants and activities are located. It’s also where we feel the safest because of so many American tourists.
Don’t worry about taking fancy clothes. Cabo is ultra-casual.
With all of that in mind, here are our favorite things to do in Cabo.
1. El Arco De Cabo San Lucas - Sandwiched between Playa del Amor and Playa del Divorcio are the famous Arch at Land’s End that has made Cabo San Lucas famous. It’s a beautiful place to watch the sunset (and see the sea lion’s that spend time there.) You’ll need help getting here though so seek out a water taxi or see your hotel to help arrange a tour, but one thing is for sure, you don’t want to end your trip to Cabo without visiting this beautiful location. We’ve been out there on sail boats, kayaks and even on a standup paddle board once.
2. Playa Del Amore & Del Divorcio - If you go to the Arch, then you should stop and visit Lover’s Beach and Divorce Beach just a few hundred yards away. The two beaches are named for the water conditions in the area. Lover’s Beach the water is calm and great for swimming, but Divorce Beach is known for its rougher waters and rip tides so it’s best to enjoy this one from shore.
3. Snorkling at Pelican’s Rock – This area, located about ½ mile from the marina, offers a boat-free zone for snorkeling. You will see a variety of fish, and the water is moderately clear. The top of Pelican Rock is also an attraction, as there is an outcropping that people use as a jumping spot.
4. Kayaking, Jet Skiing and Parasailing at Medano Beach - If you’re looking for some fun and excitement, and a beach that’s actually swimmable, then head over to Medano Beach, located just a few miles south of the marina. There are all kinds of adventure activities in the area, including kayaking, Jet Skiing and parasailing. There are all sorts of restaurants (Mango Deck and The Office) that are located on the sand. There is also a beach club that is ultra-modern. You can kick back and relax, party it up, or feed the thrill-seeker in you before heading back to your hotel or cruise ship for the night.
5. Party It Up at the Clubs & Bars - I mean, Cabo Wabo Cantina is famous because of this place right? Medano Beach is full of clubs and bars. Don’t forget about El Squid Roe also, because this place is one of the few that really displays the epitome of nightlife in Cabo San Lucas.
6. Take An Off-Road Tour - Los Cabos offers a variety of tour companies just waiting to take you on an adventure through the beaches, canyons, dunes and cliffs. They offer ATVs, UTVs and Jeep Tours. But even if motorized off-roading isn’t for you, you always have the option of riding a camel along the beach of the Baja Peninsula.
7. Sunset Cruise - Wind down your crazy day, or recharge before heading out to the clubs and bars with a luxury sunset cruise that lets you relax and enjoy the beauty of this wonderful world. Depending on your desire and budget you can take anything from a yacht, sailboat or even a pirate ship
8. Wind Down at The Hotel California - We get it, Cabo can be a pretty crazy place to be, so if you’re looking to unwind, or just avoid it all together, then consider heading north to the infamous Hotel California located in the sleepy town of Todos Santos. While we’re pretty sure you won’t find The Eagles there, what you can find is the perfect place to relax and unwind from your vacation. In other words, it’s the perfect place to take a vacation from your vacation.